Thursday 27 October 2011

Best mail time so far and other general things!

Here I am keeping to my promise of blogging about things other than work, exciting right?

So it was my grandma's (known to me as gram-gram) birthday on October 13th, so I obviously gave her a call. I believe that I may have joking said to her down the phone that I would love to have some birthday cake posted to me or something like that, (cause I have always wanted to do that), then I get a text a week ago from my gram-gram saying that she's sent me something in the post, I had no idea what to expect but at the time I had no email from any of the mail places! Full on gutted. So Tuesday 25th rolls around and I get an email to collect a message, but unfortunately I looked at my emails well after the place closed - so I had to wait another whole day for mail time! I was determined to get my mail on Wednesday so after checking the opening and closing times specifically in the email; I set off at about 2 to the Dytche to get my much anticipated mail to find that... it was closed.

Not gonna lie, I was borderline suicide now! But don’t worry guys; this story has a happy ending. That brings us to today, Thursday 27th, I wake up and stride purposefully down to collect my mail. After finally getting hold of it I decide that I would enjoy the surprise a lot more in the comfort of my room. I get back to my room, open the parcel to find a bright red box. When I open it im so beyond amazed to find a, can you guess? That’s right, a slice of birthday cake. Boom. So happy right now.



What's more amazing is the fact that it wasn’t even stale in the slightest! It managed to keep very well in that box, so yeah this is by far the best mail time I’ve had! Just thought I’d share it with you guys.

Yesterday us journalist students received the greatest news ever - we didn’t have any lectures what so ever today, which is just a thing of beauty! I needed this extra day off to A) recover and B) catch up on blogging and just life in general. But yeah, I’ve sufficiently managed to use this day for blogging and practising my shorthand for our speed test tomorrow, (which I’m severely dreading). I think that I’ve run out of things to say right now, but be sure to keep checking my blog for anything new and so on.

Thanks for stopping by, Winchester x

No comments:

Post a Comment