Saturday 24 September 2011

Work..?


Yes, the realisation of actually having to do work at university is surfacing and eventually being pushed back down with copious amounts of alcohol.. and so this brings us to today! Having been out last night, I was dreading my alarm clock this morning, which was ambitiously set for 9:30.

Well, after a very rude awakening from my unwelcoming alarm clock, I had to be up and out for a "very important" run down of the gym and its many facilities; this is when I realised that just the sight of the machines were slowly making me feel tired. After a tour of the gym I revelled in the fact that it was actually the weekend - something I'm proud to say that I worked out for myself after losing track of the days since being at Winchester! this meant that i had absolutely nothing to do today.. oh yeah apart from all that reading.

After running out of things to distract myself with, ranging from looking through my many freebies from the fresher's fayre and a trip into Winchester, I got down to the reading. Going from the first 10 pages, I've discovered my politics A Level was actually useful! Seems I've already learned some of the basics - more specifically the details about the Uk's uncodified (unwritten) constitution - this means that the Uk's constitution is not written down but instead held up throughout traditions and institutions that have withstood the tests of time. Uncodified constitutions are seen as advantageous as they are flexible - making them easier to update laws or rights to reflect social change.

On a way less serious note, I'm very excited for the newest episode of Doctor Who tonight, whats more I imagine there will be more drinking involved - which was another thought I had today, just surviving freshers to then realise its fresher's fortnight.. I'll see you all there x

No comments:

Post a Comment