Tuesday 3 December 2013

Access Winchester - Week seven

Week seven: 13/11/13
This week Faith presented the show in Winchester city center - this was to link in with one of the packages which was the Winchester short film festival - it was hosted at a venue called the Art Café. Also on the show I went paint balling for our Adventure Magazine and we used a promo from that, I also went out to take pictures of Winchester and then edit in, through 'Photoshop', Christmas decorations and make them spring onto the screen with as many sound effects as possible. And finally, following the launch of the blockbuster film Gravity, Harry Parkhill took us through his best and worst space films

Overall: Very good but I think it could have been better this week, I was happy to step down from presenting the show and let someone else try, which is always a good experience for another person and I think Faith did a very good job, she was too static at times but the links were coherent and she has a good presence on camera. Emma did well in her exploring of the film festival and it was very showbiz. Harry never fails to disappoint, his fantastic use of fair dealing to review these big films lets us use footage that has cost so much money and put them in our show, it just looks amazing. Finally, I really enjoyed what I had to do, I feel that I am very good with a camera and I took some great pictures and this helped me learn how to use Photoshop, a skill which I've always wanted to learn and also it helped my editing skills in Final Cut Pro immensely and thankfully, people loved my picture package.

However, there were a few problems with production - I didn't take on many responsibilities this week, I wanted to take a backseat and let the responsibility fall on the presenter and my other reporters and this is what I noticed: Headlines weren't too great, but they were good apart from saying "Winchester Access" and not "Access Winchester". The sound mixing wasn't great, the spikes had to be louder and there were some general sound issues with the radio mics that were used.

No comments:

Post a Comment