Tuesday 3 December 2013

Access Winchester - Week two

Week two: 9/10/13
This week I helped with the filming of the Coffee House Sessions tour with Ben Goddard. This took place at our student union. Faith and Emma went to a production of Warhorse at the Mayflower in Southampton and we introduced our new gadget section - GarraGadgets which was a part in the bulletin filled by Liam Garrahan. I presented Access that week.

Warhorse received a lot of praise, rightly so, as it was an incredible demonstration of how getting access to these events pays off and how putting in calls early is just the best thing you can do for this show. My presenting was also praised along with the use of graphics which I thought to include, I feel that it upped the production value greatly and made things more interesting.

Overall: I think this week was a great success, especially compared to our first try! The show still lacked a certain structure, we had to establish our stories very much like the WINOL bulletin - we needed "hello! welcome to Access Winchester! coming up on today's show" and so on, complete with a headline clip and this was my next goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment