Tuesday 3 December 2013

Access Winchester - Week one

I usually start my blog posts off with some fantastic, well thought out excuse as to why I haven't blogged for <insert number of days / months here> but I'm going to throw an insane twist your way; I actually have no excuse. 

Starting off the first semester of third year my new role was the Producer of 'What's On?' the showbiz section which consisted of a mini-bulletin that follows the regular news bulletin. It's purpose is to entertain: it's out very own version of E! Entertainment News.

Week one: 2/10/13
The team and I decided that we wanted to go all out with this entertainments show, so when it came to events to cover for our first bulletin, I made some calls early that week and the next we hopped on the train to London for the Raindance Film Festival.

We only had 2 events for our first week - the film festival and an African drumming circle at the University. The bulletin was presented by Faith and Emma.

Overall: For our first go, I thought of it as merely a draft, our work in progress that could only get better. The presenting had to be edited a great deal to try and liven it up and make it look more appealing and overall the Raindance Film Festival footage that we shot was very poorly lit, for the most part, and the audio was a big issue. The African Drumming was a bit better, but it was too much of a puff piece - I was far too courteous and happy about being there and we're not supposed to rave about everything we cover, to try and make it seem great, we should be honest about it - poke fun but in a disarming way.



No comments:

Post a Comment